Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Love It, I Hate It, No, I Love It!

While looking through different photography portfolios I realized something...every picture of the wedding dress hanging from the window was on a plastic hanger. For some reason this irked me. So after a few website searches I found this...


I sent the link on to my mom. She loved it, hated it, and loved it again all in 45 seconds.

Mom: Oh, I got the link you sent. I love the hanger idea! So clever. I really think it will look beautiful in the photo.
Me: Oh good! Me too. I just hate the plastic hanger look. Silly, I know. But, I can always use it again for other things.
Mom: Exactly. Perfect. Although, the lettering is a little off. Did you see that?
Me: Yeah, but...
Mom: I mean if this is your sample and you show something crooked...I don't know. Just worries me. I don't really like it that much. I was thinking of getting one made here. Maybe a white one with purple letters and a green leaf design. Did you see how it's crooked?
Me: Yes. Well, yes. But it's...
Mom: Crooked I know.
Me: It is crooked, but it's supposed to be that way. It's supposed to have that handmade look. All of the artists work on her site has that "look" to it.
Mom: Oh. Okay. Well, I love it. We can get it if you like that look. I personally love it.
Me: No, it's okay. You can get one made.
Mom: Good! I am in the car now.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I can totally relate to that conversation. I had one very similar to this with my mom about baby l.'s first halloween costume and the colors of yarn that would be used to make it.

    Moms, you've gotta love them. Especially when I have learned over the years that when I don't listen to mine, I usually regret it. As much as I hate it sometimes, she is almost always right!

    ReplyDelete