
So, I may have gone a little over budget for the flowers. Well, okay, let's be honest, I may have gone REALLY over budget with the flowers. I trembled as I called home to tell my dad the estimate, praying my mom would be the one to pick up. I was relieved to hear her cheerful and comforting voice on the other end. Then, I shared the news and heard the dreadful gasp.
We collaborated on how to break the news to my dad. First, wait until the sun sets. Secondly, pour him a vodka on the rocks with a lime wedge, wait half way through the drink, then BAM, drop the bomb. Unfortunately, Carol was out of vodka.
Instead, we just came out and said it. My mom kept telling him that some wedding planners cost thousands of dollars and that she has not charged one penny, therefore, actually saving him money. I kept reassuring him, over speaker phone, that this was the only time I have been over budget. His response was, "You were over budget the day you got engaged."
I have since emailed the florist and asked her to revise the package.
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
After I got off the phone with my dad I emailed him and said, "I love you Dad! xoxox." Shortly after that, I got a phone call from Francois himself. In a very defeated, yet loving voice he said, "Listen, about the flowers, just do me a favor. Give it a faithful try in lowering the cost, but don't sacrifice what you really want." How can you not love this man?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment