Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Besties and Bridal Showers

The weekend after the ladies lunch I was home for a few days. My sister-in-law Leigh, matron of honor Lyn, and bridesmaids Soraya and Madelaine, flew in for a girls weekend. We kicked the weekend off with a spa day. I have THE best girlfriends in the world! They surprised me with a wonderful spa treatment in New Hope, PA.
After a fun day of pampering, we relaxed at home, and headed out to a restaurant I have been dying to visit...
If you are ever in the Lehigh Valley, I urge you to visit this exceptional restaurant.

and make sure to leave room for dessert!

The next day we drove into NJ to meet up with my family for my bridal shower.

It was absolutely perfect!

My bridesmaids did a wonderful job putting it altogether. They thought of everything!
From chocolate airplanes,

to gorgeous flowers,
and a thousand laughs!!
The atmosphere was eclectic, or as my dad says, electric.
My mom brought a memento from HER bridal shower.


43 years ago, all of my mom's guest signed their name on a tablecloth. After the shower the names were then embroidered by her friend's mother. Both of my grandmothers signatures are on there, my godmothers name before she was married, as well as aunts, and other loved ones.
My mom is passing the tablecloth on to me.
It will now have my sister-in-laws name on it,

my matron of honor,
and guests from both showers.
My mom is going to embroider it for me in my wedding colors.

After a fabulous lunch, I anxiously waited to open...

my gifts!

My cousin gave me the most adorable apron to add to my collection.

I also received more wine glasses.
My friends and family really do know what I like!!

At the end of the shower my dad came to help load the gifts in the car
and "see what this whole shower business is about."

We spent the rest of the night breaking in my wine glasses and laughing until we were crying!
Thank you girls for our most memorable weekend to date!
I love you!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment